Saturday 16 June 2012

Wedding Seating Planner - Free

After spending several years designing websites for the wedding industry and planning my own wedding. I looked at one of the biggest and most frustrating aspects of planning a wedding -  The Seating Plan.

I registered a domain name in 2006 www.seatingplanner.co.uk with the intention of creating a drag and drop seating planner that was browser based. Anyway six years later I have just launched the site seatingplanner.co.uk
It hasn't taken me six years of coding to implement the site in those six years there may have been 300hrs of coding time.
Since 2006 the internet as evolved and new technologies such as ajax and jquery have proven to make the design of seating planner much better.

I have also used a great PHP MVC platform CakePHP on which to build the application.

I now need some nice people out there to try it and provide me with some feedback.

If anyone is getting married and wants to try the seatingplanner.co.uk for free drop me an email - free@seatingplanner.co.uk just let me know your email address and I will set up a Free Account to try the planner.



No comments:

Post a Comment